Most organizations have a business strategy. When you create an HR strategy that is aligned with your business goals, values, and vision, you have a powerful roadmap that can ensure the success of your HR program.
There are several tools available to help HR create a good HR strategy. Common tools such as SWOT ANALYSIS, help HR practitioners focus on HR’s internal strengths and weaknesses. Using a swot can be a great way to get your HR team together and begin brainstorming for ideas on building your strategy!
S = Strength
- What advantages does your HR team have?
- What does HR do better than anyone else?
- What does HR need to improve??
- What do HR’s customers see as our weaknesses?
O – Opportunties
- What are HR’s opportuntites?
- What trends are developing for HR?
T – Threats
- What obstacles is HR facing?
- What keeps us from being successful in our profession?
Stay tuned – more strategy tools will be added in the future!